Re: Updating software in "xsrc/external/mit"

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 02:02:11PM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:

>       Hello,
>
> I would like to update the "pixman" package in "xsrc/external/mit".

That would be nice.

> Is the necessary procedure documented somewhere?

Try and error?

xsrc/external/mit/<package>/dist contains the unmodified complete imported
source files.

xsrc/external/mit/<package>/include contains the generated include files,
usually config.h

pixman has one more directory: combine
It seems that one header file was not part of 0.11.4, but it is part of
0.12.0, so this IMHO can die.

The config.h for pixman was also localy modified before it was commited.
Try to compare it with the configure script in dist.

- #if defined(__i386__) || defined(__x86_64__)
  #endif
around the MMX and SSE defines

and

 #include <sys/endian.h>
 #if _BYTE_ORDER == _BIG_ENDIAN
 #define WORDS_BIGENDIAN 1
 #endif

pixman switched from sse1 to sse2 and IMHO that should not be enabled by
default.

The Makefile in mit/xorg/lib/pixman has to be modified to catch up with changed
source files (pixman-sse.c -> pixman-sse2.c in two places)
shlib_version has to be adopted too.

Bernd