Re: Couple minor native Xorg bugs

Hello,

On Oct 23, 2008, at 1:17 PM, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, Martin Husemann wrote:
This is my number one anoyance with current pkgsrc xorg: use a notebook with touchpad via emulate3buttons, then connect a 3 button with scroll wheel mouse temporarily and use the third button - after unplugging the external mouse,
you can't emulate button 3 any more.

Might make sense to emulate 3 buttons at the wsmouse(4) layer instead..

That's what my ADB keyboard driver does - it attaches a wsmouse which only ever produces button 2 and 3 events.

Besides that, we should add
Option "Device" "/dev/wskbd"
Option "Protocol" "wskbd"
on non-x86. At least on macppc we may want to use wskbd0 instead because they're prone to have both ADB and USB input devices ( think iBook with built-in ADB keyboard and a USB keypad ), in that case reading events from wskbd is useless because you can't tell which translation table to use on a by-event base. Also, wskbd would report itself as whatever attached first and there's no way to tell what type the other keyboard would be. An easy workaround would be to use multiple keyboard sections ( one for wskbd0 and one for wskbd1 would probably be enough )

( yeah, wskbd should use the same set of scancodes on any device to solve this once and for all. If I can find the time I'll teach adbkbd to pretend it's USB - should be simple enough. )

have fun
Michael