Re: Makefiles for xorg

Hi Robert,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 01:56:58PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:

> Is there anything written down on how the reachover Makefiles should
> work ?

Not really no.  It's more a copy what you see kind of affair.  There
are patterns in place for convenience archives vs modules but you have
to look for them.  depends on what you need to do.

> I'm trying to build the kdrive server and can't get the Makefiles that
> I have created to work, they just ignore additions to CPPFLAGS.

could you give a bit more detail? where have you placed your makefiles how
have you hooked them into the reachover?

you probably want to add a section to
src/external/mit/xorg/server/xorg-server/Makefile.common that sets
XSERVER_KDRIVE server to yes|no. in
src/external/mit/xorg/server/xorg-server/Makefile evaluate
XSERVER_KDRIVE and manipulate SUBDIR appropriately to build your newly
added kdrive subdirs.

anyway, more info please.

--
Tyler R. Retzlaff