Subject: Re: Thinkpad R61 (Quadro NVS 140M)?
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Hernani Marques Madeira <hernani@vecirex.net>
List: tech-x11
Date: 10/06/2007 13:22:28
--0eh6TmSyL6TZE2Uz

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 02:06:36PM +0300, Arto Huusko wrote:

> I got X working on T61p, but only with vesa driver; nv starts up
> with a black screen and X taking 100% of cpu. But it could just
> be that the experimental G80 support in nv driver doesn't work
> correctly for me, and nothing to do with the system HW support.

I experience similarities on a R61 with a Quadro NVS 140m GPU; using XFree86
it blanks me the screen out with any feasible driver. With Xorg from pkgsrc=
=20
(in v1.3.0.0) it at least works using the vesa driver for non-widescreen
resolutions up to 1280x1024.

That seems independent of the NetBSD version (I tried 4.0_RC1 and current as
v4.99.31) in both, 32 and 64 bit mode and in both variants each, with and
w/o SMP.

Howerver, I'm at last using an xorg.conf I found for a Ubuntu system that
was said to work. It may also do under XFree86 in the versions shipped with
NetBSD (4.5.0) and newer ones considering the insertion of similar configur=
ation
tweaks. But that's only for what considers the vesa driver.

What seems more sure for me is that the nv driver doesn't work under any
condition.

--=20
hernani

--0eh6TmSyL6TZE2Uz