Subject: Re: DRI ...
To: Anthony Mallet <anthony.mallet@laas.fr>
From: Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
List: tech-x11
Date: 09/12/2006 14:55:06
--=-Q2XcR5bBwnWXQ8Anpdjr

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 14:23 +0200, Anthony Mallet wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I recently discovered that xorg (from pkgsrc) compiles ok with DRI
> support enabled (BuildXF86DRI =3D YES, I don't know if I missed something
> else...). What seems to be missing is the kernel drm driver.
>=20
> I answer an old mail in this list, from Feb. 2006:
>=20
> Tonnerre LOMBARD <tonnerre@bsdproject.net> writes:
> > Please don't bother wasting time on the DRM code on my website, it is
> > the old outdated multicore DRM. What needs to be done is a full port of
> > the bsd-core DRM.
>=20
> Did you have the chance to do some work on this port?
>=20
> I was wondering if I could work on it, if it's not a too difficult task
> (I've not a strong exeprience with netbsd kernel, but I did some linux
> kernel development). And I've not too much free time too ;)
>=20
> Just for the sake of curiosity, the good starting point is
> dri.freedesktop.org, I guess?

Right.  The DRM git tree is the right place to work on this.  Since that
tree already has a stale NetBSD port in it, it shouldn't take long for
someone to get it going again.

--=20
Eric Anholt                             anholt@FreeBSD.org
eric@anholt.net                         eric.anholt@intel.com