Subject: Re: NetBSD-3 support for i915GM- hang on boot
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Billington <cbillington@emulti.net>
List: tech-x11
Date: 08/14/2006 00:21:25
On Friday 11 August 2006 13:40, Chris Billington wrote:

>>From a remaining fragment of Dmesg with GENERIC_LAPTOP, the last line in the
dmesg was
agp0: unknown memory configuration, disabling

> Did some testing with LiveCDs-
> with Linux 2.6.16.7 kernel (Puppy Linux), the result is:
>
> agp0: Detected an Intel 915GM chipset
> agp0: detected 16124k stolen memory
> agp0: AGP aperture is 256M @ 0xd0000000
>
> So it seems there is a problem in the NetBSD kernel for detection of
> this AGP device. I am new to this, how should I proceed/log a bug report?
>
> regards
> Chris

I built a kernel with -current today and it seems to hang in the same place.
Unfortunately no dmesg logs are available as they are overwritten on the next
boot, and there is nothing in the /var/log/messages.
The boot hangs just after displaying the console messages for the USB ports,
the same as -stable,
I have logged a problem report #34184.
Has anyone else seen a similar problem with i915GM and -stable or -current?
regards
Chris