Subject: Re: DRI ...
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Anthony Mallet <anthony.mallet@laas.fr>
List: tech-x11
Date: 08/10/2006 14:23:45
Hi,

I recently discovered that xorg (from pkgsrc) compiles ok with DRI
support enabled (BuildXF86DRI = YES, I don't know if I missed something
else...). What seems to be missing is the kernel drm driver.

I answer an old mail in this list, from Feb. 2006:

Tonnerre LOMBARD <tonnerre@bsdproject.net> writes:
> Please don't bother wasting time on the DRM code on my website, it is
> the old outdated multicore DRM. What needs to be done is a full port of
> the bsd-core DRM.

Did you have the chance to do some work on this port?

I was wondering if I could work on it, if it's not a too difficult task
(I've not a strong exeprience with netbsd kernel, but I did some linux
kernel development). And I've not too much free time too ;)

Just for the sake of curiosity, the good starting point is
dri.freedesktop.org, I guess?

--
Regards,
Anthony