Subject: Re: xorg - help needed
To: None <tech-x11@NetBSD.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: tech-x11
Date: 08/08/2006 01:25:42
On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 22:54:23 +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 03:36:29PM -0400, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> > Anyway, I think it's time to start getting it into NetBSD's build
> > process - something I don't have much of a clue about.
[...]
> The question is how to do this, from a repository point of view.  We
> could create a macallan-xorg branch that covers src/x11 - or we
> could could force things and just start converting src/x11 to xorg
> (i.e. break it for all unconverted archs) after the 4.0 branch has
> been created. The political correct way, of course, is the former,
> but I wouldn't mind doing the latter.
[...]
> If we get this done and tested for all supported archs, it would make a
> great pullup to 4.0, IMHO.

We have xsrc/xfree and xsrc/xorg under xsrc.

Why don't we have src/x11 (for xfree) and src/xorg (for xorg) to match
that layout and provide smooth transition path, which is also easier
and less intrusive to pull up?

SY, Uwe
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen