Subject: Re: Radeon DRI
To: Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: tech-x11
Date: 08/10/2004 10:15:52
--08ATZu8fEq0x2T3M

* On 2004-08-09 at 21:50 BST, Eric Anholt wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 09:10, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
>
> > after googling some information about DRI support in NetBSD i found
> > post (http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-x11/2004/07/26/0000.html)
> > showing working DRI on NetBSD with Radeon 9000.
>=20
> Yeah, as mentioned in that link, it's pretty hacky.  One thing to note
> is that __REALLY_HAVE_SG should be left to 0 on NetBSD until the
> busdma stuff is done to the sg bits, rather than simply using malloc
> instead of contigmalloc (which will cause crashing if the user happens
> to use more than one page's worth of page table entries).

Right, I'd forgotten why I set that by the time I'd finished the patch.
I'm interested in learning about bus* in any case, so if nobody more
clueful takes this forward within the next few months I may come up with
something, but obviously rather slowly.

> I'd love to see a NetBSD maintainer pick up the DRM bits and get stuff
> integrated again upstream (DRI CVS).

Yes, that would be fantastic.  As explained, the patch fulfilled my aim
of being able to run Cube on NetBSD and I wondered if anyone else may be
interested in that, but it's far from being complete and it would be
great for someone even semi-competent to take this on and bring NetBSD
up with FreeBSD/Linux for DRI.  Nice little project for someone with
more spare time and skill than me :-)

Cheers,

--=20
Jonathan Perkin                                       The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                         http://www.netbsd.org/

--08ATZu8fEq0x2T3M

--08ATZu8fEq0x2T3M--