Subject: Re: font regression [was: 'Building without "modern" font support' on tech-pkg]
To: None <tech-x11@NetBSD.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2004.salmi.ch>
List: tech-x11
Date: 08/01/2004 15:36:13
Jukka Salmi --> tech-x11 (2004-08-01 15:22:19 +0200):
> > [1] http://www.netbsd.org/
> > [2] http://salmi.ch/~jukka/nbsd/ffgtk2_nbsdc_xf440_nbsdorg.xwd.bz2
> > [3] http://salmi.ch/~jukka/nbsd/ffgtk2_nbsds_xf430_nbsdorg.xwd.bz2
> > [4] http://salmi.ch/~jukka/nbsd/
> > [5] http://salmi.ch/~jukka/nbsd/ffgtk2_nbsdc_xf440_fonts.xwd.bz2
> > [6] http://salmi.ch/~jukka/nbsd/ffgtk2_nbsds_xf430_fonts.xwd.bz2
>
> After rebuilding src and xsrc on system B using netbsd-1-6 sources from
> 2004-07-28, firefox-gtk2 now displays the NetBSD website in the same bad
> quality like on system A. I did not rebuild firefox or any other package
> since the original post to tech-pkg, so it must be a change in src or
> xsrc - probably pulled up from -current - which causes the font to be
> displayed in such a bad way.

I just noticed that since I rebuilt system B the links to the Japanese,
Korean and Lithuanian NetBSD websites (in the top right corner) are now
displayed correctly (please compare [2] and [3] to see what I mean). So
at least something impreved... ;-)

Cheers, Jukka

--
bashian roulette: