Subject: X11 on iBook G4: flickering screen
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 06/24/2004 08:39:09
Hi

XFree86 on the iBook is somewhat unusable: the X server works, I can see
the mouse pointer moving, but the screen is flickering, about 4 times
per second.

Google tells me that Linux users experienced that due to broken
framebuffer in th kernel that needed a patch. I have found various
config files, they all use a fremebuffer device.

The video board is an ATI radeon. I can probably port the framebuffer
device driver from Linux to NetBSD, but maybe we have an easier was of
dealing with that issue? What can make a TFT scrren flickering?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
Il y a 10 sortes de personnes dans le monde: ceux qui comprennent