Subject: Re: 2.0: can't build src/x11
To: Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@twentynine.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 04/16/2004 23:14:07
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Tyler Retzlaff wrote:
> I can't say whether this is the case this time but I would suggest not using
> anoncvs for xsrc before making changes to src/x11.  Just to make sure it
> isn't a broken tree.

Indeed. I've found the real culprit is cvs(1), which doesn't tell you all
the files that are in the local filesystem but not in the repository.
Running "cvs -I\!" gives a good hint on what can really be removed (well,
except that CVS/* stuff ;).

I've found symlinks and whatnot in the xsrc tree that I've used for ages
before upgrading to 2.0, and I have no idea where they come from, but they
do break the src/x11 build.

The problem is not related to anoncvs.

 - Hubert

--