Subject: Newbie X11 Setup Failed
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: None <jim.michael@toadmail.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/31/2004 20:29:21
I'm running 1.6.1 on a Compaq i386 and attempted to set up X using the xf86cfg
program.  I received the following error message.

Fatal server error

XFree86 has found a valid card configuration
Unfortunately the appropriate data has not been added to xf86PciInfo.h
Please forward 'scanpci -v; output to XFree86 support team

Failed to run "X-configure"

I noticed at the top of the output there was a comment stating that one should
look for updates to XFree if the computer was newer than September 2002.  (I
think it was September)  This PC was made in June 2003.

I've never setup X before so don't have any experience to rely on.  I assumed
that SFree86 4.x is included in 1.6.1.  I reviewed the Operating System Guide
and looked for the README.NetBSD and QuickStart.doc guides but was unable to
find them.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  Any help you can provide would
be appreciated.

Thanks
Jim
This mail sent using ToadMail -- Web based e-mail @ ToadNet