Subject: Re: new build method?
To: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@mac.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 09/18/2003 17:53:29
On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 07:45:35PM -0400, Joseph Sarkes wrote:
  | So, what is the recommended method of building X11 now?

Officially, at this time, the same way you've done it in the past.

  | I see an x11 directory in src now, but no info on targets or
  | example commands.  I haven't tried it yet to avoid trashing
  | my source tree with extra stuff, but if build.sh will make X
  | in my obj directory, and install into my destdir, it would be
  | pretty neat.

I've been meaning to post details about this stuff, but I've been on
the road for ~ 2.5 weeks and I haven't yet had time to post a heads
up.

That said, if you want a build of xsrc/xfree/xc using the build.sh
created (cross) build tools, you can use
	$TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-$MACHINE build
in that directory.  This will build a fairly complete XFree86 4.3
release EXCEPT for the Xserver (which hasn't been finished yet).

Luke.