Subject: None
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Nathaniel A. A. Hill <vugdeox@freeshell.org>
List: tech-x11
Date: 07/27/2003 23:53:36
I have a nine button optical usb mouse (GE) and I would like to get
the second scroll-wheel either working correctly or disabled.

At first I thought the drivers wouldn't support the extra scroll-wheel
and just ignore it or treat them both as one.

        uhidev0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
        uhidev0: A4Tech USB Optical Mouse, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2,
iclass 3/1
        ums0 at uhidev0: 7 buttons and Z dir.
        wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0

This seems to indicate that only seven buttons are supported but, I
have strange behavior in X.

    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "wsmouse"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/wsmouse"

    Option "Buttons"     "7"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

This seemed to work at first but, it has annoying side-affects.

Using xev I can see that the two side buttons don't work at all -
unless I've just used the second scroll-wheel. Also, the second
scroll-wheel send the same signal (4 5) unless I've just used the
first - then it send a 7 sig.

This means that when scrolling down a page, I move to the right about
have the time and can't go back. (I also can't go anywhere sideways
while still).  I don't mind the side buttons, I just want to stop
this annoying seventh button.

--
Nathaniel A. A. Hill <vugdeox@freeshell.org>