Subject: Re: manual linkage to pkg for png required to make xcursorgen
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu.herrb@laas.fr>
List: tech-x11
Date: 03/07/2003 19:35:04
You wrote (in your message from Friday 7)
 > In article <20030307152026.7b221696.ggm@apnic.net>,
 > 	George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net> writes:
 > > This suggests that either I have old/broken png build state which should have
 > > gone into /usr/X11R6, or that X11R6/xsrc has an un-stated dependency on a
 > > package, or some other breakage.
 >
 > Neither nor. Everything works exactly as expected, at least if you use
 > NetBSD's X11 sources.
 >
 > > I think xcursorgen is disabled in the default build for other
 > > reasons, but its strange that png isn't an 'adopted' library still
 >
 > It's disabled because it requires "png" which is not part of the base
 > system on most of the supported operating systems.

If you want to build with png installed in /usr/pkg, you can copy
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/etc/bindist/NetBSD-ix86/host.def to
xc/config/cf/host.def before starting (or merge the defines there with
your own favorite host.def file)

This is how the NetBSD 1.6 binary distribution on ftp.xfree86.org was
built.
--
					Matthieu