Subject: Re: black on black terminal after quitting X
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: None <poff@SDF.LONESTAR.ORG>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/01/2002 13:05:17
> Try to build XFree86 4.2.1 from NetBSD's latest sources. Matthias
Drochner
> fixed this problem in several drivers.

Ok, I had a quick look and there are ports for FreeBSD and OpenBSD but not
yet NetBSD (binary packages).

There is a patch for the source tree, but I've only ever used binaries and
wouldn't know where to start with the patch.

Maybe I should wait until it appears? There are lots of release notes for
4.2.1 on netbsd, pointing to non-existent directories...

I see you've "imported XFree86 4.2.1 into NetBSD's X11 sources " - I'm
rather a n00b and the only thing I can manage is pkg_add and pkg_delete.
Any tips on how to update my version?

Thanks very much for your help,

poff@sixbit.org