Subject: Re: Error in XF86 4.2.0
To: Wesley Colazelli Gentini <gentini@netbsd.com.br>
From: None <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: tech-x11
Date: 06/09/2002 16:08:31
* Wesley Colazelli Gentini <gentini@netbsd.com.br> [020609 14:41]:
> 	Hello, XF86 3.3.6 doesnt work with my video board (Savage 2000), then I installed XF 4.2.0, but now I have this problem:
>
> xf86MapVidMem: Could not mmap /dev/vga (Invalid Argument)
>
> There's no /dev/vga :(
>
> anyone can help me?

Yeah, had this the other day. Your securelevel is too high to
let X access memory directly.

Quickest fix is to add:

options	INSECURE

to your kernel, you might be able to add
kern.securelevel=-1
to /etc/sysctl.conf and reboot , if you're in a hurry.

(Incidentally, did anyone manage to compile th eapaerture driver
for X 4.2.0?  I keep getting 'duplicate definition' errors when I try.)