Subject: Multiple X servers on i386 box?
To: None <tech-x11@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: tech-x11
Date: 02/06/2002 21:12:06
Hi folks,

what I want to know is that is it possible to run more than one
X server (4.1.0) on an i386 box running NetBSD 1.5.2? The servers
would be running on different virtual terminals but would use
the same graphics card (which is TNT2).

I once tried this some while back but was unable to start the
second server. I recall some linking problems when the server
tried to load the "nv" driver. I think, however, that I did
have the X configured properly in XF86Config...

Why would I want this? Well, I have a headless computer, which
once had a head and X running on it, so most of the stuff is
installed there and I would like to access it using X from
my desktop. The one server solution with XDM - well, I'm
not comfortable with it (I have such thing configured and
have tried it, but didn't like it). It would be nice to just
jump to different virtual terminal to access the other
computer.

--
Arto Huusko (arto.huusko@utu.fi) | Diving Is Fun
Divecalc @ http://divecalc.cjb.net