Subject: Re: XF4.2, glib and server spinning.
To: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 02/01/2002 04:12:03
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Mark Davies wrote:
> Running XF4.2 on i386 on a current from early Jan things work fine except that
> any glib based program (well confirmed for gnumeric, gimp and xmms at least)
> causes the X server to effectively hang as soon as you start the application.

galeon doesn't seem to remember some preferences (it always starts with no
menu bar, ...) after upgrading from 4.0.1 to 4.2.0, but that's it so far -
gimp seems to work ok, and esp I do not get any X server hangs (ATI card
here, NetBSD 1.5.3_ALPHA/i386)

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html