Subject: Re: XFree 4.1.0 does not build libXi.* on all ports
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/01/2002 19:36:57
> Why are we not including the X Input Extension? It seems like
> something we'd want, no?

Hmm, further digging makes things a bit clearer:

xfree/xc/config/cf/README says:

        BuildXInputExt          build X Input extension (requires ddx support,
                                        which exists only in Xhp and XFree86)

and it is set to YES in xfree86.cf. Most other uses are guarded by #ifndef,
so that seems to be the place that make i386 build it.

Sparc64 looses, as it does not use xfree86.cf.

So until the great unified /dev/pci / wscons based X is there, we probably
can't do much about it.

Martin