Subject: Re: Problems restoring the palette under NetBSD
To: Andrew van der Stock <ajv@greebo.net>
From: Florian =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=F6hr?= <florian.stoehr@login-solutions.de>
List: tech-x11
Date: 06/12/2001 09:58:01
This problem happend with my i128 chip (NVidia) under NetBSD 1.5 too. The
palette got darker after the first start and black after the second one.
I fixed the problem playing around with ramdac settings, perhaps you try this
... but that cannot be a true 'fix' of the problem.

The problem doesn't only appear with the 4.x version, but also with the
original X version that comes with 1.5

I once tried under FreeBSD and the problem didn't appear, but perhaps display
settings were a bit different there, so this might be wrong.

-Flo