Subject: Re: xfree4.0.2 does not install
To: Mario Kemper <magick@bundy.lip.owl.de>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-x11
Date: 01/07/2001 17:41:35
On 7 Jan 2001, Mario Kemper wrote:

> That might work but the build process is broken by itself. A make install
> out of the box will fail regardless of the preferences one might have where
> to put the config files.

I'm guessing you're the first person to try this without having X
installed already. This serves to demonstrate why that whole symlink
thing is brain-dead.

So develop a patch to NetBSD.cf. I do think if you have UseEtcX11 set
to NO, it won't try to make the links, so "mkdir -p" will succed.
That's the solution I prefer, but I'm not in a position to test it
now, since I've reverted from XFree-4.0.1 back to "stock" xsrc, and
I'm not ready to switch again.

--

Frederick