Subject: XFree 4.x and wscons trouble.
To: None <tech-x11@NetBSD.ORG>
From: justin <lifter@crosswinds.net>
List: tech-x11
Date: 11/25/2000 05:08:16
I recently upgraded to XFree86 4.0.1 from 3.3.6. Im running 1.5 BETA_2
on and ix86. When i fire up X and do my thing there, and then quit X,
the console is totally messed up. the background is really really light
grey, and the foreground is a tiny bit darker, and i have to turn my
contrast and brightness on the monitor all the up just to still be able
to barely make out the text. Anyone know why this might be happening?
Wcons problem, or XFree?
the card is a trident 3dimage 975, AGP. I also noticed that when i start
up X and then look at /var/log/XFree86.0.log it says its using a pcvt
driver. Shouldnt it be a wscons driver? it says this specifically.
(--) Using pcvt driver (version 3.32).
Or did that just merge into wscons from pcvt and is backwards
compatible?
I dont know. Anyone know why this might happen? Any help is appreciated.

Justin <lifter@crosswinds.net>