Re: numpy failure on netbsd-9, rintl

On Thu, Nov 16, 2023 at 09:03:22AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> +#ifndef __HAVE_LONG_DOUBLE
> +__strong_alias(_frexpl, frexp)
> +__weak_alias(frexpl, _frexpl)
> +#endif

That is exactly the right thing to do (and we have added such aliases
to several functions already, but not done a systematic sweep).

If double == long double we need an alias to make the long double version
of the function resolve to the plain double one. Many NetBSD architectures
are affected by this, but the libm build system is ... confusing. Would be
a good idea to create an ATF test program that refers to all of them, so
we can easily catch all missing ones at build time (like we did with
several atomics/sync primitives some time ago).

Martin