Re: child of a multithreaded process looping in malloc()

> Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 20:05:28 +0100
> From: Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost>
>
> Oh well.
>
> > It effectively does -- the calls to _malloc_prefork/postfork(_child)
> > are baked into fork in NetBSD's libc:
> It does in -current, but the problem shows up in -8.
> I'll try to back-port the changes.
>
> Am I right that I'll need the changes of malloc.c 1.60, jemalloc.c 1.53
> (and 1.48), extern.h 1.26 and pthread_atfork.c 1.15? Did I miss something?

Looks like this:

https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2020/05/15/msg117364.html

Note that because it added symbols, it triggered a libc minor bump:

https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2020/05/15/msg117366.html

So that might be why it didn't get pulled up.  (Although it's really
kind of a libc-private symbol, so maybe that doesn't matter much; on
the other hand, it does impose the requirement that you also override
the new symbols if you want to override malloc and not have any
jemalloc code around, e.g. with libbsdmalloc.)