Re: lseek on tty

On Mon 18 Sep 2023 at 18:22:34 -0400, Mouse wrote:
> As for standards...which standard?  The only one I know of which I
> think is likely to say anything about this is POSIX, which as far as I
> can recall I don't have a copy of.

This should help:
https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799.2018edition/

although when I recently tried to get to there from the start page
https://opengroup.org, I didn't manage to find it. I only found options
to buy documents. It may also be that the 2018 edition is not the
latest, or that there is some addition "Additional APIs for the Base
Specifications Issue 8, Part 1 & 2".

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
\X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose