DRM/KMS: countdown started

I have received today, sent by Martin Husemann (thanks!), a copy of the
trees: cvs, git and hg.

So the countdown is started. I give me at most 3 months to disentangle
the tree in order for the present Linux originated DRM/KMS
implementation to be clearly severed so that alien and awkward
interfaces do not creep in the NetBSD kernel and so that, eventually,
graphics capabilities can be tested and opt in later in the process,
without taking down the whole kernel in case of problem.

Severing will be the first thing done. Whether I will be able, in this
first stage, to allow, from this newly created branch, to still
optionally use the current implementation of DRM/KMS is an open
question, and this goal is beyond the objectives of the first stage.

You will hear from me, reporting success or failure, at the latest on
14th of October 2023.

                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/