Re: How to profile NSS code?

> Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 15:01:44 +0000
> From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost>
>
> I would like to understand why nss_ldap is slow. I rebuilt the module
> with -pg and made a simple program that calls getpwnam(), also built
> with -pg

Is it slow because it's eating CPU time (as shown by top(1)), or is it
slow because it's waiting for network I/O?  My guess is the latter.
Have you tried ktracing the program that calls getpwnam to see what
network entities it talks to, and how long it waits for them (with
kdump -T/-R to show timestamps)?