Re: inetd(8): continue or exit on error?

> Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 13:13:33 +0200
> From: tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost
>
> I'm for: exit on any error. If we provide a way to check, that's the
> responsability of the administrator to check his config before trying to
> run the thing.

Yes please.  Should provide an option to check a configuration file
without starting inetd(8), make `service inetd check' do this, and
make `service inetd reload' (maybe also `service inetd restart') do
check first.  This should be standard practice for all daemons.