Re: debugging/tracing a setuid program

> I have an interesting problem: How do you debug or ktrace a setuid
> binary that exhibits the problem only when run as non-root?

As root, ktrace -i the shell (or other process) it's started by.

If you can change its code, have it ktrace itself on startup.  (And if
that changes the behaviour, good luck - you're probably dealing with a
heisenbug, dependent on stack trash or some such.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign