style: clean up mentions of old-style C

Hi,

Since C90, function prototypes are available. They have become so common
now that mentioning them is more confusing than helpful. I suggest
removing these two lines:

 * Use ANSI function declarations.  ANSI function braces look like
 * old-style (K&R) function braces.

I don't know what 'ANSI function braces' are or how they might differ
from 'old-style function braces'. What is the point of this sentence,
and why is it needed?

I also suggest this change:
- * ANSI function declarations for private functions (i.e. functions not used
- * elsewhere) and the main() function go at the top of the source module.
+ * Declarations for private functions (i.e. functions not used elsewhere) go
+ * at the top of the source module.

The words 'ANSI function' are redundant.

Declaring a prototype for 'main' is so uncommon that I don't see a point
mentioning it.

I wonder where the term 'source module' comes from, and why it was
chosen above the well-defined 'translation unit', so I'd like to reword
that, with no intended change in meaning.

Objections?