Re: Rationale for some rules in style guide

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 01:53:30PM +0300, Valery Ushakov wrote:

> That might have been a concern when all variable definitions had to be
> at the beginning of a block and when you were more likely to read
> program listings printed out on paper :) This is probably less
> relevant now.

It is sad that people today don't know the simple pleasures of life,
code review using a print out and red pen :D

> (Also, for the example you give one had to know that "indicator" is the
> same type - or at least the same size as "height" :).

Not really, scan down the declarations stopping on each line when past
the sorted order, easier than an exhaustive search.

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",