Re: sh(1) and ksh(1) default PATH

    Date:        Mon, 15 Aug 2022 12:41:49 +0300
    From:        Valery Ushakov <uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost>

  | As you do the caretaking of our sh(1), please, can you drop a small
  | note in syspath() as to why it uses sysctl() directly instead of
  | confstr().

Sorry, no, 2003 changes are a bit before my time.   I have no idea,
other than what I see in confstr(3) about how it is obsoleted by
sysctl().    Nor do I know from whence that interface originated,
nor why it is so peculiar in its return values (POSIX specifies it
that way, but that will be because that is how it worked wherever
it came from).

kre