Re: ZFS - mounting filesystems (Was CVS commit: src/etc)

    Date:        Thu, 17 Mar 2022 17:34:03 -0400 (EDT)
    From:        Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost>

  | Though it seems like a good discussion in that some real progress was
  | made, in that the lack of a "noerror" or "allowfail" or whatever flag
  | doing it in my own code trees....

The major issue is that it requires the results of the fsck
to be available to the mount stage, which isn't so easy to
do when both are just using -a and all rc knows from fsck is
"something failed" or "all ok".

Nominally fsck could just say ok to a noerror (or whatever)
filesys, then have mount see it still dirty, and just skip
the mount (messages of course, and probably a summary when rc
finishes) but I suspect that might not "just work" on filesystems
mounted -olog but I'm not sure.

Aside from that issue and getting the failures properly reported
so they will be noticed, not just buried in general rc output,
it should be fairly simple.  Though other rc scripts might
need aditional startup tests to check that filesystems they
need (which currently are simply assumed because of the rc
script ordering) actually exist.

kre

ps: I'd suggest either "optional" or "notrequired" or an
abbreviation of one of those, neither "noerror" nor "allowfail"
really indicates what is happening, "if_ok" might work too,
but the name of the fstab magic word is not very important.