Re: stack overflow in getaddrinfo(3) with a small-sized stack in pthreads

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote in
 <YaUsJ3uwtQSJDFwY%bec.de@localhost>:
 |On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 06:31:30PM +0100, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |> Joerg Sonnenberger wrote in
 |>  <YaT9P6a+AlEm3w7h%bec.de@localhost>:
 |>|
 |>|Strictly speaking, it is the minimum MTU every IPv4 implementation is
 |>|supposed to allow. IPv6 bumped it to 1280.
 |>
 |> RFC 1035 says
 |>
 |>   2.3.4. Size limits
 |>   UDP messages    512 octets or less
 |>
 |> If no EDNS is in use the answer should be pretty small also.
 |> Also see RFC 2671, but i have forgotten about all that.
 |
 |Both are predate IPv6 by ages and don't actually disagree with what I am
 |saying...

No.  I documented

        * \var conf_edns_size
        * The default is 1280 (RFC 2671, 4.5.1.).
        * The minimum is 1024 (RFC 3226, 3.; note: not 1220!).
        * The maximum is 65000.

..'just wanted to say that FreeBSD fixed aspects of FIONREAD just
one or two (or so) weeks ago.

 |Joerg
 --End of <YaUsJ3uwtQSJDFwY%bec.de@localhost>

--steffen