Fwd: Release Maintenance Policy

FYI we need to pull up a newer version of OpenLDAP

https://github.com/NetBSD/src/tree/05082e19134c05f2f4b6eca73223cdc6b5ab09bf/external/bsd/openldap

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Howard Chu <project%openldap.org@localhost>
Date: Sun, Aug 8, 2021 at 6:50 AM
Subject: Release Maintenance Policy
To: <OpenLDAP-announce%openldap.org@localhost>

HEADS UP: OpenLDAP 2.4 End of Life.

Just a reminder to everyone: the Project has a long-standing policy of
doing active development on only one release version at a time. To
allow time for migrations we provide some overlap from one release
version to the next. E.g., while 2.5 is active we will still provide
critical bugfixes for 2.4. Since 2.4 has been around for something
like 14 years now people may have forgotten this policy.

This is a heads up that with 2.6 due for release in September, all
updates to 2.4 will cease at that time. Likewise, when 2.7 is released
next year all updates to 2.5 will cease.

Also for clarity: We consider "Critical" bugs to include security
flaws resulting in unauthorized data disclosure, or unauthorized
remote code execution. We do not consider assert() failures or crashes
resulting only in Denial of Service as security flaws.
--
   -- Howard Chu