ukbd incorrect fr keymap

My keyboard is attached via usb and I set wscons with the 'fr' encoding.

Specifically, the asterisk and mu are not available (giving backslash
and pipe instead) while in ukbd_keydesc_fr they are mapped to position
50 (and backslash and pipe are not mapped in the fr patch while they
are not at the same place as in a qwerty US keyboard).

How are defined the positions regarding the keyboard keys map? Or where
can I find the physical association between the KC(n) n value and the
keys?

TIA,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/