Re: Expose max_align_t unconditionally

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 12:37:06PM +0100, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> I propose to expose max_align_t unconditionally to C and C++ namespaces.
>
> It was introduced in C11/C++11, but in practice it is used in C++ code
> that formally builds in the C++03/older mode (llvm libc++ expects it
> unconditionally).
>
> http://netbsd.org/~kamil/patch-00237-max_align_t.txt
>
> Instead of adding fallback definitions in third party code like in llvm
> libc++ (there was an attempt for this in libc++, but reverted) it is
> easier to expose it in our headers as expected unconditionally.

Please don't interprete events without knowing the background. It was an
unintentional push due to git $#%^$#^ behavior. The patch is under
review and discussion and the test fallout that triggered it is a bug in
the test suite. The libc++ behavior here is plain wrong and that is
generally agreed upon.

Joerg