Getting the GNU gdbserver to work

A number of the remaining reported ptrace(2) bugs are GDB related. The
previous support for GDB in NetBSD was in need for refreshment, as it
had no support for gdbserver capabilities. The GDB Server is an
execution mode of the debugger, which spawns a dedicated process that
interacts with its tracee. The process then establishes a link (socket,
serial, ...) with the GDB client that is controlled by a programmer.

As NetBSD-9 has finally branched and I keep receiving requests to finish
the integration of LLVM sanitizers, I have pushed this task forward too.
I have also completed a few leftover tasks from my previous months that
still needed fixes.

http://blog.netbsd.org/tnf/entry/getting_the_gnu_gdbserver_to

Plan for the next milestone

Start executing GDB regression tests. Keep enhancing GDB support. Keep
detecting ptrace(2) bugs and addressing them.

This work was sponsored by The NetBSD Foundation.

The NetBSD Foundation is a non-profit organization and welcomes any
donations to help us continue funding projects and services to the
open-source community. Please consider visiting the following URL to
chip in what you can: