Re: colorls in base

On 2/15/19 10:28 PM, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 10:17:55PM +0100, Christian Groessler wrote:
On 2/15/19 8:15 PM, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
For the record I support the change. I don't think it's very hard not
to turn on colors. You can turn them off even in linux.

"You can turn them off even in linux."

How do you do it?

unalias ls, this is being done by ~/.bashrc

Then I lose the "-F" parameter which I'm used to. But yes, this is the first thing I normally do when I encounter such a colorized system. I need to setup my own .bashrc to have it at every login (I'm using bash, yes).

sorry, I came here with a bit of an axe to grind. probably weshould not
make things hard to people who are color blind, when red/green color
blindness is so common.

Thanks. Someone who ultimatively understands my problem.

i wonder if we can do anything about the shade of red/green for the
console too.

I think currently we only have green messages for the kernel output. To me that is fine. But red output would become unreadable.

regards,
chris