Re: colorls in base

On 15.02.2019 22:16, Christian Groessler wrote:
> On 2/15/19 9:47 PM, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
>> On 15.02.2019 17:58, Christian Groessler wrote:
>>> Please not. Red (esp. dark read) will be difficult to read for me. I'm
>>> color blind.
>> export TERM=vt100 (or similar)
>>
>> Colors nowadays are industry standard and increase readability
>

> "increase readability"? Not for me, sorry.

It's a personal preference and it can be meet easily with env(1). The
problem is that it's not possible to meet needs of people who need colors.

> And which "industry standard" are you referring to?

The only UNIX-like and relatively mainstream OS that is still in
development and fights colors I'm aware of is OpenBSD with its NO_COLOR
crusade ( https://no-color.org/ ). Everything else (that is not overly
niche) has adopted colors. Probably all user-oriented major GNU/Linux
distros enable them by default.

If we want to follow OpenBSD we would want to follow their process of
castration of every program such as clang/llvm toolchain.

https://www.mail-archive.com/tech%openbsd.org@localhost/msg38311.html

Currently we are somewhere in the middle.