Re: Possible slight speedup to non-interactive /bin/sh startup

Le lun. 11 févr. 2019 à 03:37, Robert Elz <kre%munnari.oz.au@localhost> a écrit :
> Is this something that is worth pursuing?

I would prefer to change libedit so that it doesn't incur this startup
cost when not actually used. That way all programs with
non-interactive mode benefit, which includes e.g. python.

I also dislike programs having special dlopen() hacks, especially
since the versioning can be easily done wrong, and it's no longer
visible it's used by the program via ldd.

IMO 2% speedup is not worth this.

What exactly does take libedit do to take it so long? Does it trigger

Jaromir