Re: Definitions of types also as macros

On Tue, Nov 06, 2018 at 23:20:16 +0100, Rhialto wrote:

> On Tue 06 Nov 2018 at 23:19:08 +0300, Valery Ushakov wrote:
> > Also your change breaks redefining intN_t types with the preprocessor.
> > E.g.
> >
> >     #define uint32_t unsigned long long
> >     #include <stdint.h>
> >
> > is now broken with your change.
>
> But should that really be allowed?

I have no idea :) But then I saw enough of unholy cpp trickery to
consider that as a possibility, its legal status notwithstanding.

OTHO, I still maintain that the motivating example for this change was
buggy in principle.  You cannot try to do unholy cpp trickery, do it
wrong and then complain that it doesn't work.

-uwe