Re: route(8) and old messages

On 17/08/2018 09:36, Christos Zoulas wrote:
| If there is anything better we can do long term, I'm sure out of ideas
| right now.

Looks like the way that we are evolving the routing socket API is very
expensive and error prone. If we designed the individual messages differently
(so that they could be extended at the end) perhaps it would be cheaper
to fix in the future.

The big problem here is that we have a sockaddr area at the end of most messages which is of undeterminate size. Do we really want to add more complexity to say "last N bytes is this new thing"?

Roy