Re: Remove dhclient(8) from base

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 04:12:32PM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
> So if anyone has any really good reasons to keep dhclient around, now is the
> time to discuss them. I've added and supported every request in dhcpcd that
> anyone here as ever asked.

Could dhcpcd behave as dhclient when argv{0] is dhclient? That way
we could hardlink dhclient to dhcpcd and remove it while no user
would get surprised by the change.

It should not be very difficult to support the invocations with no
arguments or with just interfaces given, and issue an error message
about dhcpcd migration for more odd flags.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost