Re: unix(3lua)

> Am 19.05.2018 um 12:36 schrieb Alexander Nasonov <alnsn%yandex.ru@localhost>:
>
> Sevan Janiyan wrote:
>> Hello,
>> There is a unixlua[1] module which is a Lua binding for some the
>> functions in our C libraries in base as well as system calls. The code
>> base is small and doesn't have any tentacles (a hand full of C files,
>> excluding headers), It's licensed under a 3 clause style BSD license and
>> written by mbalmer@.
>> I would like to import this into base as unix(3lua) and wanted to ask
>> for feedback, is there any reason not to?
>>

>> Sevan
>> [1] https://github.com/arcapos/luaunix
>
> The main page of the repository says it's incomplete. Does anyone
> plan to make it complete or near complete? Wouldn't be easier to
> take luaposix and add missing (NetBSD specific?) bits.

That comment (made by me long time ago) is wrong and will be removed.  When we (that is a team of developers at micro systems) started luaunix we wanted something small that provides the unix functionality we need, but also something that we can easily extend, if needed, and something that we control.  Isn't it a plus if we are the upstream?