Re: failure when building a static-linked emacs25 (-nox11 on amd64)

At Mon, 5 Feb 2018 18:24:16 +0000, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
Subject: Re: failure when building a static-linked emacs25 (-nox11 on amd64)

> This sounds related:
> https://v4.freshbsd.org/commit/netbsd/src/ipHBgqsQ9q17WJVz

Yes, hmmmm.... http://gnats.NetBSD.org/51654

That does indeed look related!  Thank you (and David Holland and Joerg)
very much.  I'll give it a try soon and report back, but I expect it
will work just fine.

I guess emacs is the only major application that uses unexec() these
days.  Most other applications that I use these days will pay the price
of reading their VM state at run time, though of course emacs will have
much faster startup doing it the way it does.

I don't know why that didn't show up in any of my googling.  I even
tried "site:netbsd.org emacs __libc_init" and some variations, and that
still doesn't find the PR link.  Neither "site:gnats.netbsd.org emacs"
nor "site:mail-index.netbsd.org emacs crash" can find it.  Google's
spider should have found the PR and all the related mail long before now.

+1 250 762-7675                           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>