Re: FYI: POSIX update - SIGWINCH and 'struct winsize' (etc) to be added

    Date:        Sun, 22 Oct 2017 03:09:04 +0000 (UTC)
    From:        christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas)

  | There is this:

Yes, you mentioned that one yesterday, that is certainly a possibility,
though it does mean that apps that include <sys/ttycom.h> (most likely
indirectly because of including <sys/ioctl.h>) have to have _NETBSD_SOURCE
defined if they are to access struct ptmget or any of the ioctl opcodes
(things like TIOCEXCL, TIOCGPGRP, ...) which would be a new requirement.

Maybe that doesn't matter (or not much), as it is very rare (I think) to
ever see anything compiled on NetBSD without _NETBSD_SOURCE being defined
(isn't it?) and what happens for compiles not on NeBSD isn't relevant for
this discussion (nothing is affecting that.)

So, is that correct?   If so, this (move the #ifdef _NETBSD_SOURCE) is clearly
the best solution.   But if we need to keep compat with old sources that
are compiled without _NETBSD_SOURCE and do any tty ioctl type stuff at all,
then it simply would not work.

kre