Re: ${LINENO} implementation change for /bin/sh

    Date:        Mon, 8 May 2017 13:00:57 -0400
    From:        Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost>

  | What happens if I pull in a shell function library with "."?

LINENO counts from one in a file sourced that way (that one everyone
agrees on) the only affect on the file that does the pulling is the
(presumably) single line it takes for the '.' command.

That is, every source file has its own private LINENO

That's the same as it is now, and won't change.

For LINENO inside the functions defined inside the file (any file, or
just typed on the command line) we still have no decision.

kre